Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday errand/efforts

Hello!

My Saturday morning errand was to go to the thrift stores [Salvation Army and Lutheran Thrift] and see if I could find a rice cooker for cooking our morning oatmeal and a George Forman, or other grill, for cooking pannini sandwiches. I was a very lucky gal and got them both.
The rice cooker 5.00, the grill 8.00. They were both in perfect condition, but of course *I needed to clean them...rice cooker was new, grill barely used.
It is amazing that these items are actually used so little and then sent to the thrift.

I made the oatmeal, following the timing, but decided to add 5 minutes...WRONG...it bubbled over.
A bit *more clean-up time! Now we are in business for the next time I need oatmeal.
The rice cooker also steams veggies, which I learned from the brochure. I had never even looked into a rice cooker before, but thought it would be good for our needs; I have broccoli to try.

More at the thrift:
Looked for cook books, got two on grilling for Bob and a tofu cook book for myself. I also found some cute shoes [Just washed them up and they are drying.] and a darling Christmas floral [red green, black] top, as well as a nice lightweight denim collarless jacket and a black and white top and matching black skirt. I have to adjust the skirt as it is too long. I will take it up at the waist since there are a lot of cute white beads along the hem.
I love to get these bargains. I almost can't shop at real stores!

Stopped at the PO to send two fall cards and a challenge of some fall paper, yarn and ribbon to my pals in OR.

Also sent four Close To My Heart catalogs off to people that will help with my aims for funding the critters.

A friend in our ATC paper arts group, lives where an animal group comes in and picks up kitties that are strays, spay/neuter them and then bring them back.
She feeds/waters 10 kitties that are strays.
There is a similar program at Arizona State University in Tempe, one of our close by cities. The students fund this and maintain water/food stations for the kitties and adopt some, but care for the all that live in the area.

I think I will concentrate on giving the funding to the spay/neuter program.
[When I make some $$]

If anyone is a thrifter or wants to help the critters, leave a comment. I would love to hear from readers of this blog.

'Nuff said. Time to do computer catch up!

No comments: