Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I need to eat Radishes, but want Bean Cake!!



[Radishes, are low in calories!]

Things are going well around here, but not the weight loss.

Honestly, I think I need to live far away from all the temptations. Even so, I could exist and gain, by making myself the easiest food, which I like, such as baked goods. Since I pursue all the vegetarian recipes and such, even they aren't free of calories! [Radishes, yeah, dipped in Ranch Dressing!]
~~If you are going to eat, try this one:
It is good, but try to have just a thin peice with a bit of fat-free whipped topping as a garnish!

Nutritious Bean Snackin' Bread/ Cake

Mix wet ingredients together

1 can brown or red beans [drained and mashed]
1 1/4 C. water
1 egg or egg sub.
1/3 C honey

Mix dry ingredients together:

2 C low fat biscuit mix
3/4 C Splenda
1/4 C cornmeal
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 C cocoa powder
1/4 C wheat bran
1/2 C oatmeal

Add wet mix to dry, combine well.

Pour into 9 X 12 pan or one slightly smaller for deeper product.
Bake at 375 until test tooth pick shows it is finished!
This is a thick product, so about 25 minutes or more is needed, according to pan size.

To change this from chocolate: add 1/4 C. less water and add instead of the cocoa powder use 1 cup of pumpkin.

1 comment:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love radishes! I just eat them raw all summer. Yummy! That knit one is really cool too! :)