Sunday, April 20, 2008

Trying to "Keep Up"

It's hard to keep up.

Life tosses in too many obstacles...anyone else feel that way?

Even cooking a meal you are hungry for often interrups the arty flow!



The doodles are sort of like a muse that keeps callingfrom somewhere in the forest and you hear it, and yet don't have the time to find the path there.
I can get so tied up with any paper art! I've enjoyed adding color to my doodles

The weather in AZ right now is great and believe it or not I actually have been riding my bike. It has been nearly 2 years. The pain from my arthritic hip kept me off, the hip replacement operation and recovery kept me off, and the slight fear of falling has kept me off. But I got on [!] and like they say: "You never forget, once you learn to ride a bike, it stays with you!" I am riding pretty much every day.

Because of our "vacation," from the AZ heat, I have to begin planning my list of what to take to OR. Not nearly as much as before, as I am learning to travel light
I forget there are stores there. Ha!

The next international trip we take, we are toying with the idea of carry-on bags only. Can trip clothes and needs, for two weeks, be stuffed into these?
Help! Any suggestions?

I am rather proud to be working on my fish and veggies only, meal plans. So far so good. There are a LOT of alternate protein sources!

On the table today:
Stuffed poblano chilles...Quorn chik'n, oatmeal muffin mix with chopped olives, extra oatmeal, a bit of Mexican BBQ sauce. This is topped with cheese and a sprinkle of the chopped olives. So far it looks good and smells great.
Baked Hubbard squash and fresh squeezed orange juice.
[No-meat-meal ideas are welcome!]

OTN:
A rather attractive blue beanie hat. Simple with rolled brim in medium blue worsted yarn, some lighter blue: K2 P2 rib rows; then back to the darker blue for the of the hat. I will share the pic, later.

Time to squeeze the AZ Sweets!

1 comment:

Miz_Cat said...

I know what you mean by even getting a meal ready or even just sitting down to one interrups the artyflow...when you get back the same zest is not there. I wonder how people who are professional artist manage. Or is that the difference between them and hobbists??

So glad to hear that you can get some bike riding done.

I hope my surprise makes it before you go to Oregon. It must be nice to live in two entirely different enivorments. The desert and the mountains. Both are magnificent in their own ways.

I am doing the same as you eating a more vegetarian and almost no meat. There are such good products out there now for you to try.

Will be looking forward to seeing the blue beanie hat finished and if it is not too complicated might try one myself later in the year.