Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oriental Art



Lotus blossoms are a grand art challenge.

I have always loved the look of the whole plant, and many years ago I had a pretty arrangement of dried lotus pods.
Seeing them blooming on a pond in China, near ancient ceramic kilns, was a thrill.
~~~I will be adding more oriental designs to share. The lotus card was done in colored pencils.

In the oriental grocery, this past week, I saw lotus available for cooking. I need to look it up, as I have not a clue of the recipes for this.
The time has come to sort through my rubber stamps as well as the clear stamps, in my messy collection. Having supplies handy should help me to be more creative.

Here's a Valentine Cup of Cheer!


...hope your V-Day was as nice as ours. We loved the performance of the Salt River brass at the Mesa, AZ Art Center.
Wonderful!


5 comments:

Lori said...

Barb, Your lotus flower is just beautiful. TFS
Lori Reinholz (OSA)

malamuta said...

Beautifully done Barb. Love the colours.
Linda B. (OSA)

Mary R. said...

Barbara, you flowers are beautiful,iam new to OSA but iam here to learn..thank you for sharing....

MaryRedford

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What beautiful flowers! The lotus is truly lovely and I love the colors! *hugs* :)

Kay said...

Beautiful colouring Barb. I love the colours. Thank you for sharing!